Stained Glass Windows
These original stained glass windows on east and west sides were installed in 1912, and created by one of the last of the German Master-craftsmen, who immigrated to KC and set up his own shop. All the windows on the east side are chronological, left-to-right scenes of Jesus’ early life, from the Annunciation to his Baptism. Because he began his public ministry after his baptism, all the scenes on the west side are from his public ministry, including the two parables of Good Shepherd and Prodigal Son.
The columns of the room repeat the columns in the side-borders of the windows. They are fluted Corinthian columns in the windows, but fluted Neo-Corinthian column in the room, because the style of the room is Modern Neo-Classical.
[Photograph courtesy of Jeremy Ruzich- Used by Permission]
Copyright © 2017, Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception / Web Site Design by Ambition Solutions