LITURGICAL MINISTRY LOGISTICS
In order for our Liturgical ministry program to run smoothly we ask that all scheduled ministers at the Cathedral adhere to the guidelines listed below.
- Sign-in sheets have been created with the most current Liturgical minister information. Please note that you exercise your ministry following the same schedule for which you signed up. This applies to every month of the year. Please contact Dr. Pearson if any of your information changes in your commitment and/or contact information.
- You need to sign in at least fifteen minutes before Mass; this ensures that the sacristans will not fill your spot, not knowing that you are present. Please initial next to your name.
Finding a Substitute
- You are responsible to find a replacement when you are not able to attend your scheduled Mass.
- If an emergency occurs or if know you're going to be out of town, please take the time to login into our scheduling sofware ENASOMA to request substitute for you.
When you Substitute for someone
- When you substitute for someone, you need to mark through that person’s name and place your initials next to his/hers on the sign in sheet located near the sacristy. This process lets the sacristan know that the spot is covered.
- If an emergency occurs please take the time to login into our scheduling sofware ENASOMA to request substitute for you.
- A spread sheet is maintained with the most accurate information that you provide to us. Please send Dr. Pearson an e-mail when any of your data changes so he can update the file.
- If you want to change your Mass schedule please contact Dr. Pearson via e-mail with your request. When our ministers tell the Monsignors, Deacon Steve, the information may not be passed on due to the timing of the conversation before or after Mass.
Dress Code for ALL Ministers
- The Bishop of the diocese is the pastor of the Cathedral church; as parishioners of the Cathedral [the mother church of the diocese] we should set and model the highest standards for the Liturgy in the Diocese.
- We ask that when you are scheduled to perform your ministry that you are dressed appropriately. We ask that men wear slacks, a dress shirt, tie and dress shoes [coat optional]. Women should wear business casual attire, such as dresses, skirts, or pantsuits. Please do not wear jeans, shorts, T-shirts, sweatshirts with team logos, tank tops, low-cut blouses, tennis shoes, sandals, or flip flops. IF YOU ARE NOT DRESSED PROPERLY A SUBSTITUTE WILL TAKE YOUR PLACE.
- If you are asked to cover in an emergency and you are not appropriately dressed, please pass the opportunity on to someone else. We will work around the vacancy. The addage about wearing your "Sunday best" is particularly important for our Liturgical ministers. Always come to Mass dressed as if you might be asked to serve.
- Our Cathedral services are attended by more than our parish family. We welcome many visitors from the diocese, the rest of the country, foreign visitors, downtown hotels and convention centers, and we will see more as the downtown grows. We should always present ourselves as reverent servants of our Lord.
- We are asking you to invite people you often see at your Saturday or Sunday Masses to join the Cathedral's Liturgical ministry program. Jot down their contact information and/or ask them to contact Dr. Pearson.